Thursday 7 October 2010

Make-Up Research.

The make up for the teaser trailer was carried out by me as I have a keen interest in make up. Fake wounds, and working with fake blood is not my regular type of make up, therefore I had to carry out research on how to make a wound, cuts and scars look real. The kind of effect I was trying to replicate was when a rope cuts an area on the arm and also scars to the face area.

Following the tutorial was easy but the tricky part was making the actual effect look as if it was real. Fake blood is usually watery unlike real human blood which is thick and not watery. The colour depth is also in a dark red tone which had to be adjusted to make it more realistic. I had to make sure not to over do the make up therefore I used the sponge to test on a small area first before proceeding onto a larger area.


I had followed Youtube tutorials to gain knowledge on to create wounds and bruises.

These are some of the materials I had used to create the effects:

1.Scab Tissues
2.Face paint-bruise wheel
3.Fake Blood
4.Sponges
5. Brushes



This is one of the video which I used and helped me to create a releastic bruising.







The following video below gave me an idea of how to create wounds using the same techniques as well as using the same products:



These are image below also helped me to replicate similar effect. However, I made the look more dramatic with blood dripping from the mouth. This was used on the victim to make the look more dramatic and realistic .



halloween-head 1.png


Overall this research has allowed me to learn and develop various types of special effect make-up. Whereby I have learnt new skills and implemented it during the production of the teaser trailer, front page magazine and film poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment